After installation Visual Studio can not run and show error fixing

I am using windows 10 with latest update of January, 2020. I start to learn c# and ASP.NET. I have install latest version of visual studio and select my required feature on installation time. It finish installation without any error notification and require a restart to complete installation process.

I restart and nothing happened in visual and also in task manager. I try to run visual studio from start but there have no search result about this. It make me surprise. I can detect there have something in my C: drive which take about 8 GB of storage. I search a lot and find out exact file location to run.



C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

I double click to open and fail notification pop up in my screen.


I simply go to this provided log directory and open log to know about the error. Almost in the bottom I can find out Failed to initialize Registry Root Hive massage. I search a lot and find out many people facing problem in Visual studio but most of them are same but not exact.

I try to apply every method which i found in googling. After all i can found a solution which solve my issue and that is from Visual studio developer community. Here Ernie revealed a method which are given below.



C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_[something]\vspcm & privateregistry

I applied this and now working everything without any error.